2014 STIHL MS 441 R C-M MAGNUM®
Call for Price
The intelligent engineering of the MS 441 C-M STIHL MAGNUM® chain saw, with a wrap-around handle (R).
Start with a no-holds-barred, bulletproof professional chain saw like the MS 441 C-M MAGNUM® and add the versatility of a wrap-around handle. Now that’s innovation. STIHL engineers have combined the STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management system that intelligently manages the operating performance of the engine with a wrap handle to maximize operator comfort and productivity. In the field, the M-Tronic™ automatically and constantly adjusts the fuel-air mixture, maintaining maximum operating efficiency under varying conditions like altitude, outside temperature, a dirty air filter or poor fuel quality. The STIHL M-Tronic™ system compensates for these factors by replacing low and high-speed carburetor adjustment screws (old technology) with electronic monitoring of the engine’s performance and digitally optimizing the fuel/air mixture over the entire RPM range (new technology). This intelligent operating system also provides a simplified warm start procedure, and a decompression valve for easier starts. A highly versatile, state-of-the-industry saw for professional-level jobs, the innovations on the MS 441 C-M MAGNUM® system work hard to make your toughest jobs easier.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL M-Tronic™: This product features M-Tronic™ (M) - a new generation of Intelligent Engine Management that eliminates the low and high speed carburetor adjustment screws, compensates for dirty air filter and changes in elevation and fuel quality for optimum engine power at all times.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine’s filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Wrap Handle (R): Saw can be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chain saws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Winter/Summer Shutter: The Winter/Summer Shutter allows the carburetor to operate at optimum temperature year-round and helps to prevent carburetor icing when working below 50°F (10°C).
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- Displacement: 70.7 cc (4.3 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 4.2 kW (5.6 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 6.6 kg (14.6 lb.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 40 to 80 cm (16 in. to 32 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 725 cc (24.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 360 cc (12.2 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 3/8 in. RS3
- 70.7 cc (4.3 cu. in.)
- Horse Power
- 5.6 bhp (4.2 kw)
- Powerhead: 14.6 lb. (6.6 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 32 in. (40 to 80 cm)