2014 STIHL MS 251 CB-E
Call for Price
A powerful, fuel-efficient chain saw that’s comfortable to use and easy to adjust
The STIHL MS 251 C-BE Chain Saw features all the comfort and ease of the MS 251, but is easy to start and adjust on the fly. The MS 251 C-BE is perfect for felling small trees, pruning and thinning, and cutting firewood simply and efficiently. And with up to 20 percent fuel savings and 50 percent reduced emissions (as compared to previous models), you can enjoy a longer run time while feeling good about your impact on the environment. A Quick Chain Adjuster also makes it simple to put the correct tension on the saw chain without tools. Plus, features like Easy2Start™ technology, a Master Control Lever™ and reduced vibration make the STIHL MS 251 C-BE a lean, easy-to-use machine that still packs plenty of power.
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers: Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Displacement: 45.6 cc (2.78 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.2 kW (2.95 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 5.3 kg (11.9 lb.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 40 to 45 cm (16 in. to 18 in.) STIHL ROLLOMATIC®
- Fuel Capacity: 390 cc (13.2 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 198 cc (6.7 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: .325 RM3
- 45.6 cc (2.78 cu. in.)
- Horse Power
- 2.95 bhp (2.2 kW)
- Powerhead: 11.9 lb. (5.3 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 18 in. (40 to 45 cm)