2014 STIHL HSA 65 Lithium Ion
Call for Price
This battery-powered hedge trimmer is lightweight, saves on fuel costs with low noise and zero emissions.
The STIHL HSA 65 Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer features a 36-volt lithium-ion battery for strong, quiet cutting performance. There’s no gradual drop in power – it runs at full power until it is ready for recharge. The HSA 65 uses no gasoline, meaning there’s no fuel cost, no exhaust emissions and no restrictive power cords. That adds up to a winning combination for trimming professionals. In addition to the fuel savings, the STIHL HSA 65 is four times quieter than its gasoline-powered equivalent, while remaining strong enough for professional use.
With its high cutting speed, the HSA 65 allows professionals to complete more trimming in a short amount of time. Its tooth spacing and diamond-ground blade edges result in cleaner cuts, even through thick and tough shrubbery. The hedge trimmer’s 20” blade length is an efficient working length for most applications and its included tip protector helps prevent blades from being dulled or damaged. And because it’s so lightweight, the HSA 65 lithium-ion hedge trimmer is ideal for both controlled sculpting and general hedge trimming tasks.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Blade Scabbard: The blade cover helps protect the cutting blade during storage and transport.
- Double-Sided Cutting Blades: STIHL hedge trimmers with double-sided cutting blades cut both directions.
- Ergonomic Loop Handle: The ergonomic loop handle is ideal for making cuts in any direction.
- Functional Design: The engine housing has smooth surfaces and round contours that help to keep it from getting caught on branches during use. The design also makes cleaning easy.
- Tip Protector: The tip protector makes cutting near the ground or along walls easier while protecting the trimmer’s cutters from damage.
- Two-Handed Design: Equipment with this feature is easily started by activating switches on the loop handle and the rear handle at the same time. The cutting speed can be adjusted using the rear trigger control, allowing for a fine and precise cut. The two-handed design is suitable for both left and right-handed users.
- Vertical Hanging Slot: The built-in hanging slot allows for easy storage when not in use.
- Throttle Trigger Lock
- Blade Length: 20 in.
- Strokes Per Minute: 3,000
- Weight w/ Battery (AP 80): 4.7 kg (10.4 lb.)
- Weight w/ Battery (AP 180): 5.3 kg (11.6 lb.)
- Run Time (w/ AP 180): Up to 85 minutes
- Run Time (w/ AR 900): Up to 450 minutes
- Cut, in.
- 20 in.
- Cutter Type
- Weight w/ Battery (AP 80): 10.4 lb. (4.7 kg); Weight w/ Battery (AP 180): 11.6 lb. (5.3 kg)