2014 STIHL FSA 85 Lithium-Ion
Call for Price
This battery-powered straight-shaft trimmer delivers the cutting performance needed for professional landscaping tasks.
So powerful and light, it feels like cheating. The STIHL FSA 85 professional trimmer gives landscapers the ultimate tool for working in densely populated and noise-restricted areas. Powered by 36-volt Lithium-Ion battery technology, this grass trimmer is five times quieter than the STIHL gasoline-powered equivalent. And with no need for gasoline, the trimmer eliminates all fuel costs and has zero exhaust emissions – ideal for use in close quarters and municipalities looking to go green. Better yet, no power cords.
STIHL Lithium-Ion trimmers continue to run at full capacity, even as the battery drains. You can expect nothing less than 100% performance from the FSA 85 until the battery is completely depleted. The trimmer is also balanced and lightweight, delivering excellent cutting performance and low vibration for easy, smooth operation. Its variable speed trigger allows you to control cutting speed on the fly, so you can maneuver easily around delicate plantings. And when you need to spot trim, this trimmer instantly starts up with the pull of a trigger.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Safety Locking Button: All STIHL Battery KombiSystem products feature a safety locking button (retaining latch) that is designed to prevent the unit from unintentional starts when the battery is inserted.
- Hanging Loop: Hang your cordless trimmer securely on a wall to save space using the loop in the handle housing.
- STIHL Electric Motor: Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
- Loop Handle: A thumb screw allows the ergonomic loop handle to be easily adjusted to the desired position without tools.
- Weight w/ Battery (AP 80): 4.0 kg (8.7 lb.)
- Weight w/ Battery (AP 180): 4.5 kg (9.9 lb.)
- Run Time (w/ AP 180): Up to 35 minutes
- Cutting Swath: 14 in.
- Engine Type
- Lithium-Ion Battery-Powered
- Cutting Width
- 14 in.
- Weight w/ Battery (AP 80): 8.7 lb. (4.0 kg); Weight w/ Battery (AP 180): 9.9 lb. (4.5 kg)