2014 STIHL FS 460 C-EM
Call for Price
Professional brushcutter/clearing saw with the STIHL M-Tronic™ system for optimum engine performance at all times.
Superior cutting takes a sharp blade and equally sharp technology. The FS 460 C-EM is the first STIHL brushcutter available featuring the STIHL M-Tronic™ system – an intelligent engine management system designed to deliver optimum engine power at all times. The STIHL M-Tronic™ engine automatically adjusts to changes in elevation, temperature, air filter cleanliness, fuel quality and octane levels, eliminating the need for manual carburetor adjustments. And that’s just the beginning. With a 29% increase in engine power over the FS 360 C-E, yet many of the same hardworking features like STIHL Easy2Start™, a fuel-efficient, low exhaust emission engine, vertically pleated paper air filter element for extended service life and a four-point anti-vibration system for improved comfort, the FS 460 C-EM definitely ranks high for superior performance.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Bike Handle: When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently. With soft grips for increased comfort, the bike handle provides greater control and helps reduce operator fatigue.
- STIHL Easy2Start™: The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- Electronic Ignition Module: The electronic ignition provides reliable starting and because it is fully enclosed, it is protected from moisture and debris for longer service life.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- STIHL M-Tronic™ System: The STIHL M-Tronic™ system intelligently manages the operating performance of the engine. Equipment performance can be affected by a dirty air filter, changes in elevation or poor fuel quality. The STIHL M-Tronic™ system compensates for these factors by eliminating the low and high-speed carburetor adjustment screws and electronically monitoring the engine and digitally controlling the fuel/air mixture. This new technology also provides a simplified warm start procedure.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures the air pressure on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts the metering diaphragm in the carburetor. This keeps the RPM at a consistent level, even when the air filter begins to clog.
- Tool-Free Handle Adjustment: The central wing nut enables easy adjustment without the use of tools. For transportation and space-saving storage, the handle can be rotated 90°.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Displacement: 45.6 cc (2.8 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)
- Weight: 8.5 kg (18.7 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 750 cc (25.4 oz.)
- 3.0 bhp (2.2 kW)
- 45.6 cc (2.8 cu. in.)
- 18.7 lb. (8.5 kg)